Purchase Ledger Clerk
Job Ref: PLC-YO
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
Contact: Helen Gaffney
Contact Email: Email Helen
The role of the Purchase Ledger Clerk works to ensure that supplier invoices and payments are processed with accuracy in a timely manner, as well as taking ownership and maintaining accurate supplier accounts ensuring that account issues are resolved to minimise impact.
- Processing purchase invoices in the accounting system (Currently Xero)
- Pro-actively resolving invoice variances with suppliers and operations.
- Manually coding invoices and ensuring all invoices are duly authorised.
- Raising payment runs on a timely basis.
- Reconciling supplier statements in a timely manner.
- Performing regular housekeeping checks and ensure ledgers are tidy.
- Create and maintain supplier account data.
- Working to meet deadlines in accordance with month-end closedown timetable.
- Raising ad hoc individual payment requests when necessary.
- Assisting the Sales ledger team where required
- Processing and expenses and mileage claim forms
- Contributing to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance Department by assisting in identifying and implementing improved processes and procedures.
- Adhering to Health and Safety rules and guidance set by legislation, company standards and site standards.
Education & qualifications
- O-Level / GCSE Grades A-C Maths & English.
- Experience of sales ledger processing.
- Experience of Xero
- Experience of Odoo (or other ERP system).
- Minimum 1 year working in a busy purchase ledger department.